Natural Treatment For Cancer
Cancer makes you feel like you have no control over your life. That’s what, especially if you think chemotherapy is the only option. When you hear the word “cancer”, your mind automatically switches to chemo, its side effects, hair fall, and the pain that people go through in the process. Moreover, even if you choose other options like radiation therapy, it can lead to numerous side effects due to exposure to radiation waves.
In such a situation, the most suitable alternative cancer treatment approach is immunotherapy. This method has attained a special position in oncology and has proven to be a great substitute. Now you may be having many questions about this treatment method. Dr. Rishi Sharma, a well-known oncologist, will be sharing some facts about immunotherapy to clear up all of your doubts related to this treatment option.
What is immunotherapy?
It is a methodology of treatment that triggers the immune system of the body to fight cancer cells themselves. Cancer cells are abnormal cells that are replicating at a high rate, and after immunotherapy, the body has the power to destroy them and heal the body from within.
Generally, it seems that the immunity of a person always acts like a guard on patrol and checks each cell through chemical signals to identify if they are foreign invaders or not. Cancer cells are body cells that no longer perform actions like healthy cells. This is why they can replicate themselves and spread in the body. But after immunotherapy, the power of the immune system is improved, and it can identify all the cancer cells and help in getting rid of them.
How is the immune system able to fight against cancer cells after immunotherapy?
● Immune checkpoint inhibitors: These are the chemical signals at the cellular level that helps the immune system distinguish cancerous cells from healthy ones and then attack them.
● Increasing Cytokines: It is a chemical that helps in regulating and directing the immune system, and with immunotherapy, its levels are increased.
● Vaccinations: It can help in reducing the risk of cancer by stimulating the immunity to attack the abnormal cells of a specific part.
● Injecting antibodies: It will help the immune system to mark the cancerous cells and destroy them. Moreover, it is also effective in putting a pause on the progression of the illness.
● CAR-T cell therapy: In this therapy, white blood cells, which are seen as warriors in the blood, are harvested inside the malign tumor. This will help in improving the power of immunity in the specific area.
● Oncolytic virus therapy: In this approach, a virus (often modified) is used to infect malign cells, which can lead to self-destruction and the elimination of cancerous cells from the body.
● Immunomodulators: These help in resetting the immune system and reprogramming it for fighting against the cancer cells.
Through these ways, the immune system will be able to defeat cancer naturally. This is why many oncologists also suggest immunotherapy with other traditional options of cancer treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, etc.).
Why should one opt for immunotherapy?
After years of observation and research, this approach of treatment is given a specific position in oncology, and many reputed oncologists suggest this alternative cancer treatment for treating various types of cancer. Moreover, it is seen as a more effective approach with potentially lesser risks and side effects.
What is the difference between chemotherapy & immunotherapy?
Many people usually wonder if there’s any specific difference between chemo and immunotherapy. The prime difference is the way it treats the illness.
Chemotherapy directly attacks the replicating cells, and sometimes it may include some healthy cells as well, and hence a few side effects are also seen. Moreover, the effect of the treatment is immediate and lasts only as long as the treatment continues.
Immunotherapy works in boosting the immune system of the body, which can recognize cancer cells and destroy them easily. When compared with chemo, it may take more time to show its results. But as it is considered a natural cancer treatment, it has fewer side effects, and its effect lasts longer than other treatment options.
Risks associated with immunotherapy:
The risks and side effects may differ according to the type of immunotherapy and the condition of cancer. Some of the common side-effects and risks are:
● Flu-like symptoms like cold, fever, headache, etc
● Slight dizziness
● Fatigue and weakness
● Muscle ache
● Skin rashes
● Temporary inflammation in healthy cells
● Mouth sores
● High blood pressure
● Fluid retention
Can people with autoimmune disease opt for immunotherapy for cancer treatment?
Cancer patients with mild autoimmune disorders can receive immunotherapy, but the roadmap for the treatment changes according to their health condition.
The prevalence of cancer is increasing day by day, and getting treatment in the early phase can cure it easily. But there is a myth that only chemo, surgery, or radiation therapy can treat this problem completely. With evolution and medical science, many new options have been developed, and immunotherapy is a trusted and proven natural treatment for cancer that trains and programs the immune system to fight against cancer more effectively.
Not only does it reduce side effects and is not painful like other conventional options, but it is usually added with other treatment options. According to medical experts, it is a much more affordable option and can even reduce the chances of cancer recurrence. Dr. Sharma, the first immunotherapy cancer specialist in India, has developed a protocol named Candrol to treat cancer with immunotherapy.
It is recognized by many reputed organizations at a global level and is known for its high success rate. He strongly suggests that one should not ignore the symptoms of cancer and get medical help as soon as possible to ensure fewer complications during the treatment.
Leave a reply