For the best Blood Cancer Treatment, it is essential to have a knowledge of stage and progression of blood cancer cells. The proper understanding of Blood Cancer stages will help the doctors and patients in knowing about the size of the tumor and how far the cancer cells have reached.
According to the statistics, it is easy and quite more probable to cure Blood Cancer if it is diagnosed at the early stage compared to that of advanced stage. In India, more than 50,000 people are diagnosed with Blood Cancer every year with a majority of male patients.
As we all know that Blood Cancer is the cancer of Bone Marrow, the Blood Cancer cells targets and infects the Bone Marrow (the white blood cells producing site). So, in justifying the Blood Cancer stage, it is important to have a knowledge of blood cell counts and the spreading of cancer cells to other nearby organs like liver, spleen, etc. Also, there are different types of Blood Cancer, so the stages and their curability rate varies according to the type of Blood Cancer.
Therefore in this article, we will be discussing the various factors responsible for deciding the stage of Blood Cancer, Different stages of Blood Cancer, and Cure Rate of Blood Cancer Stages.
Factors affecting the Blood Cancer Stages
There are different factors which play an important role in deciding the stage of Blood Cancer. The factors are as follows:
- The count of White Blood Cells or the count of platelets
- Age of the patient
- The abnormalities or mutation of chromosomes
- Past Medical History
- Any damage to the bone
- How much the spleen and liver has enlarged
- Does the Blood Cancer reached its metastasis stage or not
- Size of tumor
Blood Cancer Stages
There are four stages of Blood Cancer, out of which the first stage is the most basic one whereas the fourth stage is the advanced one. Despite being a number of factors responsible which influence the stage of Blood Cancer, the Blood Cancer stage is generally defined according to the metastasis. Metastasis means how far the cancer cells have spread? Do the blood cancer cells start to infects the nearby organs or lymph nodes? The five stages of the Blood Cancer are as follows:
- Stage 1: At the first stage of Blood Cancer, the enlargement of the lymph node is seen. This enlargement of the lymph node is due to the sudden increase in the number of lymphocytes in the patient’s body. The risk associated with the first stage of Blood Cancer is quite low as the tumor is small at the initial stage and hasn’t affected any of the nearby physical organs. Also, the survival/ cure rate of the first stage of Blood cancer is quite high if it gets diagnosed and treated at the right time.
- Stage 2: There is a huge hike in the number of lymphocytes at this stage due to which an enlargement of lymph node, liver, the spleen is observed. It is sure that anyone the above organs would experience the expansion (other than Lymph node) but not sure about the all three. Blood Cancer of stage two is the wake-up call for the patients. The cure rate of the second stage of Blood Cancer is high only if immediate action is taken. The risk associated with this stage is moderate.
- Stage 3: At the third stage of Blood Cancer, the patient suffers from Anemia along with the enlargement of organs like liver, spleen, lymph nodes. The risk associated with the third stage of Blood Cancer is high.
- Stage 4: This is the final stage of Blood Cancer. A person in the fourth stage of Blood Cancer will experience a drastic fall in the platelet count. Also, other body organs like Lungs will be infected by the Blood Cancer Cells at this stage. The cure rate is quite low as this is the most advanced stage of Blood Cancer.
These are the four stages of stages of Blood Cancer. So, if you are experiencing any of the Blood Cancer symptoms, go for an immediate diagnosis. It would help you in knowing about the stage and the best treatment option for that stage. Don’t miss to read about the Symptoms of Blood Cancer.Leave a reply
Leave a reply