People Often ask us does green tea causes cancer or do it prevent it? Let’s clear it today!!
After Water, the most common and most loved beverage in the world is Tea. About two-thirds of the world’s pollution drinks tea every day. One of the types of tea is Green Tea, also known as the Chinese Tea.
Most of the people believe that Green Tea is widely consumed across Asia because the cost of Green Tea is Asia is lower compared to other parts of the world. Green Tea is made up of the dried leaves of Asian plant Camellia Sinensis.
Another reason behind the high consumption of Green Tea is Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate (EGCG) – the substance which they get from Green Tea. Some of the time it is also seen that people are consuming epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) through liquid or capsule. But the Question remains that whether Green Tea can cure Cancer or not.
There is no direct indication that Green Tea can cure cancer, but Green Tea supports in improving the health of the person. Few immense advantages of Green Tea and why it is known as a cancer-fighting food are:
- Green Tea enhances the health of a person by improving the energy level of the body.
- Green Tea boosts the immune system of a person which helps in fighting against Cancer.
- Green Tea is effective in controlling cancer up to some extent.
- It is also proof evident in treating cancer if no other conventional methods of cancer treatment are not that effective.
- Green Tea can be helpful in eliminating the toxins from the body.
- Sometimes, Green Tea can be active in reducing the risk of cancer development.
Green Tea Antioxidants
According to the research, it is observed that Green Tea contains antioxidants along with some bioactive compounds. These Green Tea antioxidants like catechins create a number of healthy effects on the human body.
Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) is the most abundant catechins which you get from Green Tea, accounting for about 50-70% of total catechins. EGCG is very much useful in improving the health of a person. The recent laboratory experiments on Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) has shown that it also possesses the cancer-fighting capabilities.
How EGCG Fight Against Cancer?
There are various functions which the EGCG performs to fight against Cancer.
- When the cells of our body become free from the normal growth i.e, the growth and death of cancer cells become abnormal which with time gives rise to Cancer. What Green antioxidants do is that they stop the cancerous cells from growing. The growth of cancer cells is hampered by blocking the cyclin D1 (a type of protein which helps the cancer cells to develop properly). Also, EGCG blocks the enzymes which support the cancer cells in maintaining their life cycle. So, in this way, the Green Tea antioxidants control the growth of cancer cells.
- EGCG also helps in increasing the cellular levels of other proteins available in the body which indirectly end the growth of cancer cells.
- Under the laboratory conditions, EGCG and other green tea antioxidants have confirmed fruitful in killing many different cancer types. For example – Green tea can be effective and useful in treating Breast Cancer. The antioxidants of Green Tea helps in reducing the tumour size. Therefore, Green Tea is can also assist in killing some type of cancer cells from the body.
- When the blood vessels start to grow abnormally and eventually grow into a tumour, this is called angiogenesis. Angiogenesis provides the necessary nutrients and oxygen to the cancer cells which helps them grow and spread faster. However, this growth and spreading can be handled with the proper intake of green tea antioxidants.
Possible Side Effects of Green Tea
Green tea is very much useful in preventing diseases like cancer, but it may not suit all the people. Some of the people might experience an unsettled stomach whereas some might suffer from frequent sickness. So, the side effects of Green Tea differ from person to person. Some people may suffer no side effects whereas some may experience severe side effects than expected. So, if you face any issue after having Green Tea, meet the Doctor immediately. Some of the possible side effects of Green Tea are:
- Frequent Sickness
- Disturbed Stomach
- Irritability or Ill Temper
- Passing Urine Often
- Difficulty in having sound Sleep
How to Brew the Perfect Cup of Green Tea
Nowadays, Green Tea comes in readymade tea bags, so you just need to stir that tea bags in boiled water. Also, you can bring the dried leaves and make Green Tea from that. The best suggestion for the perfect taste of Green tea, add one tea bag or 1 to 2 spoon of dried leaves.
Again, the question comes that how many times you should have green tea in a day. This depends on your capacity, but it is suggested to have Green tea 2-4 cups of Green Tea in a day. Apart from tea, Green Tea Capsules are also available in some of the stores, so you can avoid drinking Green Tea and instead of that take three capsules in a day. The effect of these capsules is the same as that of Tea.
So, with the above discussion and facts, we can conclude that Green Tea can prove to be effective in treating various types of cancer. But we also have seen that Green Tea may cause some side effects. Therefore, consult with the doctor and according to doctor’s advice add Green Tea in your daily routine for the best health.
Non-surgical, Natural Cancer Treatment – Candrol™Leave a reply
Leave a reply